Most Popular Articles
by habesha / 11,566 Views
by habesha / 11,459 Views
At least 10 people, including police officers and civilians, have been killed in northern Ethiopia after days of protests, according to local sources.
Demonstrations on Thursday and similar protests in recent days in the city of Gondar were against what protesters see as the erosion of their ethnic identity.
The government said three police officers and one civilian were killed.
The violence is believed to have started after the attempted arrests by government troops of leaders of the Amhara ethnic group.
Al Jazeera could not independently verify the reports.
"The government is saying they were trying to arrest people linked to a terrorist organisation. We’ve spoken to some people who say tourists have been moved out of the city to safe areas. The city is under lockdown," Al Jazeera's Charles Stratford, reporting from the capital Addis Ababa, said.
"This isn’t the first time protests happened in Gondar. There were protests earlier this year ... protests by the largest ethnic group, the Oromo. Protests during which human rights organisations say 300 people were killed."
Images posted online showed burned-out vehicles and armed men firing guns in the air as hundreds of other people cheered them on.
The Amhara are the second largest ethnic group in the country.
"They say that they are being ignored by the government - the government that they alleged is dominated by other ethnic groups from the north," Stratford said.
The violence prompted the US embassy in Ethiopia to issue a temporary advisory warning against travel to the city centre of Gondar and areas where "violent demonstrations" have been reported.
"The embassy recommends all US citizens travelling to or resident in the Gondar area evaluate their personal level of safety and to avoid demonstrations or large gatherings," the advisory issued on Wednesday said.
Source: Al Jazeera
by habesha / 11,348 Views
by habesha / 11,027 Views
by habesha / 10,347 Views
by habesha / 8,618 Views
If you're just taking half an inch off or something, we're not even going to notice (unless you already have your hair short ... like half an inch short).
This is just putting us in a situation where three things could happen: We say "yes," and you get offended because we don't like your hair as is. We say "no," and you cut it anyway. Or we both happen to agree.None of those situations are constructive and at least one ends in you getting mad at us.
2. "Which dress looks best?"
Our answer is always going to be the one that shows off your cleavage the most and then you're going to get mad we chose that one.
3. "Do you want to come to my mom's birthday party?"
No. We're going to go because we're obligated, but we'd rather stay home and screw around. Please don't tease us with the illusion of choice. Just tell us what day it is.
4. Literally anything about your weight. Anything. You're good. You look good. And if you're asking, you're not going to believe us anyway. Just don't sweat it.
5. "Did your ex do this better?"
As far as we're concerned, our ex is dead to us so it doesn't matter.
6. "Do find Jennifer Lawrence attractive?"
Please don't ask this, because the answer is "yes" and you don't want to hear us say "yes" and we're also bad liars. Plus, it doesn't mean we don't like you. It just means we have eyes.
7. "How often do you masturbate?"
Literally anytime you aren't looking at us. All right,not literally, but it might as well be. We do it a lot. And we don't really want to talk to you about it because that's weird.
8. "Notice anything different?"
The only time you should ask this question is if you literally want your boyfriend to shit his pants for some reason. We probably don't know, unless it's something incredibly obvious like you dyed your hair a (drastically) different color or surgically grafted your iPhone to your face. Please don't make us guess.
9. "Was that the best sex you've ever had?"
Here's the thing: The answer to this is always yes.That's either because it's true or because we're lying. Save both of us the awkwardness of the question and just be content with knowing we're going to tell you "yes."
10. "What are you thinking about?"
Something stupid. It's always something stupid and the reason we don't want to tell you is that it would take way too long to explain why we're thinking about what would happen if The Incredible Hulk were drafted to the New York Yankees and they played baseball on the moon and we are also all best friends. It's not because we were thinking of breaking up with you or even about you at all. We were honestly daydreaming about the dumbest thing ever and it isn't worth explaining.
11. "Can we talk?"
This is frightening no matter who asks it. If it comes from your partner or your boss or a friend or even if your fucking mailman knocks on your door and asks this question. This is shorthand for "let's talk about serious business" and that's never fun. This is especially evil if you add "later" to the end of the sentence, making us walk around all day in a perpetual pool of cold sweat.
12. "Are you still going to the gym?"
Nope, and now we know it's showing.
by habesha / 6,707 Views
by habesha / 6,231 Views
by habesha / 6,143 Views
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener with superb astringent properties. The acidic nature of lemon juice also helps remove the outer layer of the skin, thereby eliminating a layer of the hyperpigmented skin.
- Extract the juice from one fresh lemon.
- Apply it on the affected areas and gently rub it around for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily and you should see improvement within three weeks.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar makes it a powerful bleaching agent, which helps remove spots and make the skin much smoother and more radiant.
- Mix together equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply this solution on the melasma spots and allow it to air dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin gently.
- Follow this remedy once daily.
Turmeric can also reduce the skin’s melanin and help combat melasma. The active ingredient curcumin in turmeric spice has antioxidant and skin-lightening properties.
- Mix five tablespoons of turmeric powder with 10 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. It is best to use whole milk because it has lactic acid and calcium that helps exfoliate and soften the skin.
- Add one tablespoon of gram flour to thicken the mixture.
- Apply this paste evenly on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this treatment daily for best results.
4. Onion Juice
Onion juice is another effective home remedy to restore your natural skin tone. Onion juice has a range of sulfur-containing compounds that can fade dark patches or discoloration on the skin. Also, onion juice provides nourishment to the skin cells.
- Finely chop two to three onions.
- Put them in a piece of cheesecloth and squeeze it to extract the juice.
- Measure the onion juice and mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Due to the presence of mucilaginous polysaccharides in aloe vera gel, it can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. It can also remove dead skin cells andpromote regeneration of new skin cells.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract the fresh gel.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on the affected area and gently massage for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Oatmeal is an amazing natural exfoliating agent that can remove brown spots on the face and dissolve dead skin cells to give you brighter, glowing skin.
- Mix together two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Wait 20 minutes and rub off the mixture with water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Do this two or three times a week for a month.
The high protein content in almonds has a skin-lightening effect. Also, almonds contain vitamin E thatnourishes the skin and removes discoloration.
- Mix one teaspoon of powdered almonds with enough honey to make a thick paste. Gently rub the paste onto the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your face dry. Do this three or four times a week until you see improvement.
- Alternatively, grind five soaked almonds with enough milk to make a fine paste. Add one teaspoon of honey to it and mix well. Apply the paste on the affected skin before going to sleep. Leave it on overnight and wash it off with cold water the next morning. Use this remedy daily for two weeks.
Horseradish is another traditional treatment for melasma. The bleaching property of horseradish will bleach out any kind of discoloration of the skin, including melasma.
- Cut horseradish into slices and rub it directly on the affected skin. Allow the juice of the horseradish to dry on its own. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat once a week until the brown patches fade away.
- Mix two tablespoons of horseradish powder in one cup of sour cream. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. Do this once a week until you see positive results.
Papain, the enzyme found in papayas, is a natural exfoliating agent that can eliminate dead and damaged skin cells.
- Mash a ripe papaya to get a paste-like consistency.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to one-half cup of the mashed papaya paste.
- Apply it as a mask over the affected skin area.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once a week for several months.
Sandalwood is another effective skin-lightening ingredient that can enhance skin complexion and reduce the signs of melasma as well as other types of blemishes.
- Mix equal parts of sandalwood power, turmeric, whole milk and lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and allow it to dry on its own.
- Splash some water on your face to moisten the mask and scrub it off in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse with more water and pat dry.
- Follow this remedy three or four times a week until you get the desired result.
- Along with the melasma remedies, you must limit your exposure to the sun for prolonged periods of time.
Also, remember to use sunscreen when you go out to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Plus, eating high-fiber foods and drinking plenty of water will help get rid of toxins and treat melasma.
by habesha / 5,984 Views