Most Popular Articles
by habesha / 6,829 Views
by habesha / 6,510 Views
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener with superb astringent properties. The acidic nature of lemon juice also helps remove the outer layer of the skin, thereby eliminating a layer of the hyperpigmented skin.
- Extract the juice from one fresh lemon.
- Apply it on the affected areas and gently rub it around for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily and you should see improvement within three weeks.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar makes it a powerful bleaching agent, which helps remove spots and make the skin much smoother and more radiant.
- Mix together equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply this solution on the melasma spots and allow it to air dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin gently.
- Follow this remedy once daily.
Turmeric can also reduce the skin’s melanin and help combat melasma. The active ingredient curcumin in turmeric spice has antioxidant and skin-lightening properties.
- Mix five tablespoons of turmeric powder with 10 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. It is best to use whole milk because it has lactic acid and calcium that helps exfoliate and soften the skin.
- Add one tablespoon of gram flour to thicken the mixture.
- Apply this paste evenly on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this treatment daily for best results.
4. Onion Juice
Onion juice is another effective home remedy to restore your natural skin tone. Onion juice has a range of sulfur-containing compounds that can fade dark patches or discoloration on the skin. Also, onion juice provides nourishment to the skin cells.
- Finely chop two to three onions.
- Put them in a piece of cheesecloth and squeeze it to extract the juice.
- Measure the onion juice and mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Due to the presence of mucilaginous polysaccharides in aloe vera gel, it can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. It can also remove dead skin cells andpromote regeneration of new skin cells.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract the fresh gel.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on the affected area and gently massage for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Oatmeal is an amazing natural exfoliating agent that can remove brown spots on the face and dissolve dead skin cells to give you brighter, glowing skin.
- Mix together two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Wait 20 minutes and rub off the mixture with water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Do this two or three times a week for a month.
The high protein content in almonds has a skin-lightening effect. Also, almonds contain vitamin E thatnourishes the skin and removes discoloration.
- Mix one teaspoon of powdered almonds with enough honey to make a thick paste. Gently rub the paste onto the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your face dry. Do this three or four times a week until you see improvement.
- Alternatively, grind five soaked almonds with enough milk to make a fine paste. Add one teaspoon of honey to it and mix well. Apply the paste on the affected skin before going to sleep. Leave it on overnight and wash it off with cold water the next morning. Use this remedy daily for two weeks.
Horseradish is another traditional treatment for melasma. The bleaching property of horseradish will bleach out any kind of discoloration of the skin, including melasma.
- Cut horseradish into slices and rub it directly on the affected skin. Allow the juice of the horseradish to dry on its own. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat once a week until the brown patches fade away.
- Mix two tablespoons of horseradish powder in one cup of sour cream. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. Do this once a week until you see positive results.
Papain, the enzyme found in papayas, is a natural exfoliating agent that can eliminate dead and damaged skin cells.
- Mash a ripe papaya to get a paste-like consistency.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to one-half cup of the mashed papaya paste.
- Apply it as a mask over the affected skin area.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once a week for several months.
Sandalwood is another effective skin-lightening ingredient that can enhance skin complexion and reduce the signs of melasma as well as other types of blemishes.
- Mix equal parts of sandalwood power, turmeric, whole milk and lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and allow it to dry on its own.
- Splash some water on your face to moisten the mask and scrub it off in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse with more water and pat dry.
- Follow this remedy three or four times a week until you get the desired result.
- Along with the melasma remedies, you must limit your exposure to the sun for prolonged periods of time.
Also, remember to use sunscreen when you go out to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Plus, eating high-fiber foods and drinking plenty of water will help get rid of toxins and treat melasma.
by habesha / 6,371 Views
by habesha / 5,720 Views
by habesha / 5,346 Views
by habesha / 5,180 Views
by habesha / 4,511 Views
by habesha / 4,482 Views
14 June 2016 - After six hours long heavy fighting on Monday morning, Eritrean Defense Forces (EDF) penetrated deep into Ethiopia's territory to counter-attack TPLF's unprovoked Sunday's attack on Eritrea.
The Eritrean army crossed the border early on Monday at Kudu Haiwa [?] south of Tsorona, inside the stronghold of the current ruling party of the Ethiopian regime, in Tigray province to engaged in a fierce battle with TPLF troops.
According to a source to Eritrean Press, 52 TPLF soldiers have been captured in Kudu Haiwa before EDF abandoned the garrison at around 11:00 am.
On Sunday morning, The TPLF soldiers had reached the water reservoir of Tsorona, a kilometre and half south of the town before they were pushed back
Yesterday, the TPLF Information Minister Getachew Reda admitted to AFP that their forces have sustained heavy causalities but refused to give the numbers. He said, "we are assessing the level of damages at the moment.
source; Eritrean Press
by habesha / 3,950 Views
by habesha / 3,737 Views